The American Boat Builders and Repairers Association (ABBRA) has convened its Awards Committee to consider nominations for its annual awards which recognizes significant contributions to the marine industry and excellence. Honorees will be announced at the Annual Awards ceremony to be held during the 2016 ABBRA Annual Meeting & Summer Symposium Conference on June 26th at the Portland Harbor Hotel, Portland, Maine.
Pam Lendzion, the Executive Director of ABBRA, encourages members to participate in the nomination process. These prestigious awards, nominated by ABBRA members from across the country, give our members the chance to recognize their peers and colleagues for their outstanding service to the marine industry. It is a celebration of all their hard work, unwavering dedication, and inspiring service.
The award categories are:
- Dennis Snow President’s Award: Awarded to the individual or company for outstanding contribution to the Boatyard and Repair Industry.
- Excellence in Safety and Environmental Practices: Awarded to the boatyard or service facility that has made signiﬁcant strides in creating a clean, safe and healthy facility for workers and customers.
- Excellence in Technology: Awarded to the service or repair facility that has developed or applied an advanced or innovative technology, system or practice.
- Commitment to Training: Awarded to the service or repair facility that has demonstrated a signiﬁcant commitment to training and professional development for themselves and their employees.
- Award of Excellence: Award given to the service or repair facility that demonstrates excellence in all facets of their company through commitment to customer service, quality management and positive vendor and employee relations.
- Award of Excellence in Customer Care: ABBRA’s newest award recognizes the boat yard or repair facility that has built a successful business by consistently focusing on customer satisfaction.
Members can visit the ABBRA website to cast a ballot by downloading and completing the Awards Nomination Forms for 2016. Nominations can be submitted to ABBRA via email to [email protected] and must be received by May 27th, 2016, to be eligible.
About the ABBRA Annual Meeting & Summer Symposium
Theme: Taking the Lead…. Respecting the Past, Defining the Present & Planning for a Successful Future
The ABBRA Annual Meeting & Summer Symposium will focus on best business practices and the issues critical to the day-to-day management of boat building and repair yards and marine maintenance and service facilities in 2016 while planning to ensure the future success of your business. The event will be held over 2 days, 26th & 27th June, 2016 at the Portland Harbor Hotel, Portland, Maine. Visit our Conference web page for more information. Click here.