Record Number of Nominees for Innovation Awards which Recognizes the Best in Marine Product Development and Technology
BROOKLIN, ME, September 17, 2014 – Thousands of new products, advanced processes, and impressive innovations will be offered at the 2014 International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition and Conference (IBEX) taking place at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, FL, Tuesday, September 30 through Thursday, October 2. This year will bring together marine industry professionals to view the latest innovations and technology from over 550 exhibiting companies. “With almost 90 nominees, a 43% increase, for this year’s Innovation Awards and a significant number of our exhibitors showcasing new products, technologies, and services, IBEX will set the stage for innovation in the marine industry,” said Anne Dunbar, IBEX Show Director. “Seven out of ten attending companies base their purchasing decisions on what they see at IBEX, and there will be no shortage of new products and services for them to choose from.” The following is a sneak peek of what will be available from the IBEX exhibitors.
- ASA Electronics – Booth #222: The company will introduce several new state-of-the-art audio and electronic marine entertainment options guaranteed to survive any rough waters it may encounter.
- AWLGRIP North America– Booth #1224: AWLGRIP’s new Awlwood gives an exceptional finish lasting up to four times longer than a traditional premium yacht varnish.
- BOATLIFE Div. of Life Industries – Booth #841: BOATLIFE has developed Graphix Wax, a non-degradable wax product without solvents or petroleum products to use on boats with costly graphics.
- Broodle Brands – Booth #2520: Two new drink docks: Bev Dock holds and insulates a wide range of can and bottle sizes to prevent drinks from wobbling insecurely, and Unimount, a magnetically detachable base that keeps drinks within reach for places that do not already have a drink holder.
- Glamox Aqua Signal Corp. – Booth #814: LED Underwater/Multi-Purpose Light- the perfect mount solution for LED lighting for extreme environments above or below the waterline.
- OceanLED -Booth #342: OceanLED introduces the innovative and bold design of the Amphibian Pro Xtreme Series underwater lights, which provide extraordinary energy savings with game changing LED innovation, delivering exceptional control and hands-free limitless color-change ability for all styles of boats.
- Oceanmat – Booth #2518: Oceanmat provides premium nonslip, customizable EVA marine decking that can be used in interior and exterior applications.
- Rigid Industries – Booth #1018: The new Deluxe Docking Light Kit is available in Surface and Stealth mounting options and features Rigid’s marine-grade SR-M2 LED light.
- Safashor Products – Booth #2513: Safashor is a new boarding device that will revolutionize boarding, allowing boarders to safely board and disembark.
- Skudo – Booth #2410: Skudo will launch solutions for protecting Marine surfaces including Deck Defend and Tack-Mat products which will alleviate repairs and cleaning time due to damages and accidents that can occur during boat build, re-fit, transport, or storage.
- Syntec Industries LLC – Booth #1217: ReFlex Nonskid Traction Pad – A traction pad that provides an exceptional flooring and step covering alternative.
- TACO Metals Inc. – Booth #1433: New ratchet hinges are constructed from high-grade stainless steel and brass.
- Whale Seaward Inc. – Booth #615: The Whale 12V Water Heater is ideal for outboards because it connects to 12V power supply – no need for a generator or inverter. And Whale Seaward’s new Touch Control Electric Cooktops from Whale are specifically designed for marine conditions and simple to use with light-up displays allowing for heat level monitoring.
The very best new innovations in marine product development will be recognized at the Industry Breakfast & Innovation Awards Presentation on Tuesday, September 30 from 7:30 am – 9:30 am. The awards, presented by Boating Writers International, will reward ingenuity and honor excellence to stand-out companies in the boatbuilding industry. Companies that have submitted products to be considered for the Innovation Awards, include:
|AWLGRIP North America
|Oceanair Marine Ltd.
|Blue Water Desalination
|Parker Hannifin Corp./Racor Division
|BluSkies International LLC
|BOATLIFE Div. of Life Industries
|Quick USA LLC
|Safety Components Fabric Technologies Inc.
|Engineered Marine Coatings
|EZ Loader Boat Trailers
|Flow-Rite Controls Ltd.
|Gemeco Marine Accessories
|Gold Eagle Co.
|Spradling International Marine
|STEYR Motors North America
|Indmar Products Co.
|Suzuki Motor of America,Inc.
|Certification Institute (IMCI)
|Taylor Made Group LLC
|Intertape Polymer Group
|JL Marine Systems
|Total Plastics Inc.
|Kasco Marine Inc.
|Trac Ecological Marine Products and Services
|Kenyon International, Inc.
|Lumishore USA LLC
|Unlimited Group LLC
|Magic Tilt Trailers Inc.
|US Marine Products
|Marine Accessories Corp/
|Webasto Thermo and Comfort North America Inc.
|Xtreme Tower Products
|Wet Sounds Inc.
|Whale Seaward Inc.
|Yamaha Motor Corporation
Submissions from these companies will be on display in Innovation Way in aisle 100 in the exhibit hall. In addition to featuring the announcement of Innovation Award winners, the breakfast will offer perspectives from respected industry leaders on the latest news and trends and feature keynote speaker Bob Knight, NCAA Division I Head Coach, who will share his philosophies on winning to inspire teams to maximize their potential. To order industry breakfast tickets, contact Joanne Miller at [email protected] or 312-946-6245. To view a complete list of exhibitors and learn more about their new products, click here.
About IBEX: Owned and produced by Professional BoatBuilder magazine and the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), IBEX is the marine industry’s largest technical trade event. For boatbuilders, marine industry dealers, aftermarket suppliers and buyers, designers, repairers, surveyors, and boatyard/marine operators, IBEX is where better boats begin. For the latest information, visit www.ibexshow.com.
About Professional BoatBuilder magazine: Professional BoatBuilder, a boatbuilding-industry trade magazine, was first published in 1989 in response to a growing need for a dedicated forum for boatbuilding-related professionals. The magazine’s worldwide readership exceeds 24,000. Professional BoatBuilder is online at www.proboat.com.
About NMMA: The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) is the leading association for the North American recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters in North America. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. Learn more at www.nmma.org .
# # #